We believe that when women heal, families heal, and communities do too.
The #MentalHealthMonday Educational Series features today’s leaders in women’s wellness, mental health, and addiction recovery.
Monday, May 23 @ 11:00 am PST | 2:00pm EST
The 5 Stages of Healing with Jill Rathburn
Just as there is a progression of addiction, there is a progression of recovery. In fact, recovery is a healing journey that we actively participate in and influence. Our presenter, Jill Rathburn, has created a simple system called The 5 Stages of Healing to clearly show the steps involved in healing from an addiction (or any disease). Come and learn what stage you’re in, how to advance your healing journey, hear tips to overcome roadblocks, and develop a vision for your personal transformation.
During this engaging session of #MentalHealthMonday Jill will help us learn:
- How to advance our healing journey
- Tips to overcome roadblocks
- Develop a vision toward personal transformation
Monday, May 16 @ 11:00 am PST | 2:00pm EST
How Divorce, Addiction, & Abuse Helped Me Find My Power with Cam Kashani
We all have innate divine power and it’s up to us to learn how to use it. Cam Kashani, Award-Nominated Intuitive Coach and Inspirational Speaker focused on Divine Feminine Embodiment, leads women to their true, authentic, core power. We’re excited to have her with us on Mental Health Monday telling her story and sharing her tips with us.
During this engaging session of #MentalHealthMonday Cam will help us learn:
- How addiction, abuse, and divorce helped her find her power
- To embrace our deeply rooted power
- How to collectively shift our energy
Monday, May 9 @ 11:00 am PST | 2:00pm EST
Collectively Learning About Psychological Trauma with Candace Alley
We are all recovering from something and many of us are recovering from many things, including trauma. Join us as SHE RECOVERS Coach Candace Alley, helps us learn about psychological trauma and how we can be trauma informed.
During this engaging session of #MentalHealthMonday Candace will help us learn:
- What does it mean to be trauma informed?
- Differences in acute, chronic, and complex trauma
- BIG T vs little t traumas
Monday, May 2 @ 11:00 am PST | 2:00pm EST
Recovery in the Workplace: A Q&A with Kelsey Moreira
Kelsey is a woman in recovery and entrepreneur of her dessert company, Doughp. She is also an advocate for mental health and we’re delighted to have her on this session of Mental Health Monday speaking about recovery in the workplace.
During this engaging session of #MentalHealthMonday Kelly will talk with Kelsey about:
- Doughp4Hope and the importance of bringing the mission to life INSIDE the company
- Recovery friendly workplace initiative
- Personal mental health struggles (anxiety, perfectionism, workaholism) and what I do to try and maintain balance
Monday, April 11 @ 11:00 am PST | 2:00pm EST
Finding Your Sexy Self in Recovery with Cindi Roberts
SHE RECOVERS Coach and Sex Educator, Cindi Roberts, also known as the Sober Sexpert, will be with us talking about all things intimacy. Many of us need to learn how to reconnect to ourselves in recovery and Cindi will show us how
During this engaging session of #MentalHealthMonday Cindi will guide us through:
Exploring what intimacy really means in recovery
Discovering how to connect with the body and rekindle pleasure.
Learning a variety of specific techniques that you can implement in your intimate relationship with both yourself and/or a partner.
Monday, April 4 @ 11:00 am PST | 2:00pm EST
Good Enough Mother with René Syler
After 20 plus years of chasing deadlines, Rene Syler discovered the real secret to success in life is just being “good enough”.
During this engaging session of #MentalHealthMonday René will help us learn:
- About her life growing up in California, her career as a broadcaster, and now as a social media influencer.
- Her recent decision to embark on an alcohol-free life.
- Why she created her community Good Enough Mother, and published a book by the same name
Monday, March 28 @ 11:00 am PST | 2:00pm EST
Executive Function in Recovery with Lisa Abbott Moore
Did you know executive function plays into every aspect of our lives? And we can experience executive disfunction. Some of these issues may not come forward until we are in recovery. We are thrilled to have expert, Lisa Abbott Moore, with us speaking about using our skills to manage our day-to-day function.
During this engaging session of #MentalHealthMonday Lisa will help us learn:
- What is executive function and why is it important?
- How to do a self-assessment
- Regulating our emotions with self-talk
- Listening, prioritization, and organization
- How to initiate, follow-through, and finish activities
Monday, March 21 @ 11:00 am PST | 2:00pm EST
If You Leave Me, Can I Come Too? with Misti B
“If You Leave Me, Can I Come with You?” is the rally cry, the anthem, the reason-to-be for codependents everywhere. It’s also the title of author, filmmaker, and recovering codependent, Misti Lee B.’s popular book. Join us for this very funny, often poignant, and always-spot-on reflection on codependency. Misti will share stories from her journey from L.A. to Aspen to a trailer on the beach and along the way offer nuggets of recovery wisdom that only someone who has seen it all can deliver.
During this engaging session of #MentalHealthMonday Misti will help us learn:
- Codependency is powerlessness literally over everything—people, places, and things.
- We can run from everything but ourselves—and when we finally run to ourselves, we start our recovery.
- Telltale signs we are too strongly attached to a person, place, or thing.
- How to start letting go so we free-up space to grab onto the one thing that will save us—and what that one thing is.
Monday, March 14 @ 11:00 am PST | 2:00pm EST
Navigating ADHD in Recovery with Irina Gonzalez
Irina knows intimately about the intersections of recovery, mental health, and parenthood. She recovers out loud through her writing and frequently talks about the impact of her Latinx heritage on her quest for help and healing. We’re excited to have Irina speaking about her recent diagnosis of ADHD and how it is shaping her mental health journey.
During this engaging session of #MentalHealthMonday Irina will help us learn:
- How the cultural stigma around mental health in Latinx culture kept her from getting help
- What it’s like to get a mental health diagnosis during and after getting sober
- The impacts of the pandemic and parenthood on our recovery journeys
Monday, March 7 @ 11:00 am PST | 2:00pm EST
Celebrating with Women in Recovery with Caroline Beidler
Caroline has created the first Women’s Recovery Round Table Event in honor of International Women’s Day with voices from around the globe, including SHE RECOVERS co-founders, Dawn Nickel and Taryn Strong. Her goal through creating this event is to bring awareness to issues specific to women’s addiction and mental health recovery. It will take place on March 8, 2022.
We’re excited to have her as a speaker on Mental Health Monday to discuss women in recovery.
During this engaging session of #MentalHealthMonday Caroline will help us learn:
- Elevating women’s voices in recovery advocacy.
- The importance of learning about women-specific issues.
- The inclusion of resilence-focus in women’s recovery spaces.
Monday, February 28 @ 11:00 am PST | 2:00pm EST
Not the Same Old Song and Dance with Annie McCullough
Annie is not new to recovery and she understands the ebb and flow of different recovery pathways and patchworks. One of her patchworks is music. We’re so excited to have DJ Annie Love with us talking about the power of music in recovery.
During this engaging session of #MentalHealthMonday Annie will help us learn:
- The importance of creativity and sharing out gifts
- Being in the “flow”
- Music as medicine
Monday, February 21 @ 11:00 am PST | 2:00pm EST
Leaning into Grief as Self-Care with Dr. Mekel Harris
This presentation will make a case for leaning into grief as a form of self-care. Dr. Harris will share both clinical and personal data related to grief and loss, as well as invite attendee participation. Information shared throughout the presentation will align with the principle of empowerment within a trauma-informed care approach.
During this engaging session of #MentalHealthMonday Dr. Mekel Harris, Ph.D., NCSP, PMH-C will help us learn:
- About the prevalence of grief and loss in our society
- The consequences of grief avoidance
- Strategies for naming and addressing grief needs
Monday, February 14 @ 11:00 am PST | 2:00pm EST
Sex in Recovery with Dufflyn Lammers
In this Valentine’s Day session, relationship coache Dufflyn Lammers will cover all things sex in recovery! She will answer the questions, “What is sex?” and “How might sex be different in recovery? She will also teach about body positivity, attachment styles, addictions, and getting what you need before, during and after sex.
- During this engaging session of #MentalHealthMonday Dufflyn will help us learn:
- How to define sex in recovery
- About healthy attachment styles
- How to make sex a positive experience
Monday, February 7 @ 11:00 am PST | 2:00pm EST
Crossing Paths: Mental Illness & Caregiving With Melissa Duncan & Jihan Gabart
Our speakers will discuss the facts about mental illness and how it intersects with caregiving. The roles of a caregiver are pivotal in the wellness and health of any person managing/battling mental illness. Jihan and Melissa will share facts about mental health and caregivers assisting people with mental illness and the effect it has on them. They believe their journey is not their own. They will tell their truths to showcase how vital this conversation is and to let others know they are not alone.
During this engaging session of #MentalHealthMonday founders of the non-profit SoMypolar INC, Melissa Duncan & Jihan Gabart will help us learn:
- About the diagnoses of multiple mental health challenges
- How mental health and caregiving intersect
- Why they started their non-profit and the work they wish to do in the world
Monday, January 31 @ 11:00 am PST | 2:00pm EST
Emotional Sobriety With Veronica Valli
During this engaging session of #MentalHealthMonday Author, Coach, & Therapist, Veronica Valli, will:
- The core components of emotional sobriety
- How to change our limiting beliefs
- Boundaries and how to balance them
- Constructive ways to deal with resentments
Monday, January 24 @ 11:00 am PST | 2:00pm EST
You Can Stop Now With Lizi Jackson Barrett
During this engaging session of #MentalHealthMonday Author, Speaker, Coach, & Confidence Expert, Lizi Jackson Barrett, will:
- Share the life-changing moment that came when she turned forty, transforming the way she saw herself for good.
- Explain how she gave herself permission to stop wasting time, energy, and money on trying to change how she looked and instead embrace happiness.
- Identify how to recover from the belief that it’s your responsibility to look a certain way.
Monday, January 10 @ 11:00 am PST | 2:00pm EST
The Four Steps of Shame Resilience With Andrea Owen
During our first session of #MentalHealthMonday in the new year, Speaker, Life Coach, & author, Andrea Owen will help us learn:
- Why knowing the steps of shame resilience is important in recovery
- What to look for to know you’re “in” shame
- A detailed overview of the four steps
- Join us for a Live Q&A following the discussion
Monday, January 17 @ 11:00 am PST | 2:00pm EST
The “Respectable” Addiction: Workaholism With Dawn Nickel, PhD
During this engaging session of #MentalHealthMonday Co-Founder of SHE RECOVERS, Speaker, Coach, & thought leader, Dawn Nickel will:
- Describe the characteristics of workaholism and its attendant risks
- Share her own recovery practices in this area
- Introduce approaches for both identifying and addressing overworking/overdoing tendencies
Our most popular episodes.
SIGN UP TO ATTEND #MentalHealthMonday
Session details delivered directly to your inbox!
From time to time, we may also send news about upcoming events, retreats, online programs, and new products.
“The #MentalHealthMonday sessions have been a lifeline for me. I have a strong program of self-care in my recovery but was missing the educational component to better understand the “why” behind some of my behaviors and experiences, and the “how” to begin to heal and grow in a deeper way. I recently celebrated one year of abstinence-based recovery in July 2021 because of SHE RECOVERS. I am so grateful to hear the #MentalHealthMonday program will continue well into 2022.”
~ SR COMMUNITY MEMBER ~
Your Experience Matters
If you wish to share how the #MentalHealthMonday program has been a positive influence in your recovery or you have:
- Suggestions on topics we should cover
- A speaker in mind you would like to see featured
- Ideas on how we can better serve our community through this series
…we would love to hear from you. Your voice will help us to continue improving this series for all women in or seeking recovery.
With Great Thanks
This series is made possible by Alkermes.
The SHE RECOVERS Foundation was awarded funding in 2021 as part of the Alkermes Inspiration Grants® program to re-launch #MentalHealthMonday in the fall of 2021. This critical grant support will help us to continue delivering our innovative #MentalHealthMonday Educational series and better meet the increasingly diverse needs of our growing community. We are humbled, grateful, and invigorated by this honor.