Seeking a Chapter Development Lead to Join the SHE RECOVERS Team!
Are you driven by a passion for social change, smashing stigma, and making a significant impact through your work?
We have an opportunity for a Chapter Development Lead to join the SHE RECOVERS Team to help our lifeline organization build and grow local community chapter networks
(SRF) SHE RECOVERS® Foundation is a 501(c)(3) public charity with a growing and evolving community currently serving more than 325,000 women–and non-binary individuals who identify with women’s communities–in or seeking recovery from substance use disorders, mental health issues, and other life challenges from which they hope to heal.
The mission of the organization is to inspire hope, reduce stigma and empower women to increase their recovery capital, heal themselves, and help other women to do the same. This lifeline organization connects women through its virtual platforms and in-person community networks, provides resources and support to help women develop their own holistic recovery patchworks, and empowers them to thrive and share their successes. All efforts are designed to end the stigma and shame often associated with being in recovery so that more women can heal and grow. A focus on research enables the organization to establish a more robust evidence base related to the efficacy of non-traditional recovery pathways.
Our vision is to achieve a world where all women in or seeking recovery are celebrated, supported, and deemed essential to healthy communities. To ensure that the movement is inclusive of all women and non-binary individuals who identify with women’s communities, the f=Foundation focuses on prioritizing the needs of individuals from historically underserved populations including women of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, women veterans, and differently-abled women.
The candidate will be a self–starter, detail orientated and understand the critical importance of
creating a structure to activate volunteers in local communities to create systemic change for
those seeking or in recovery. The ideal candidate will thrive on working collaboratively with a
demonstrated ability in managing people and teams successfully.
A strong communicator, the Chapter Development Lead will bring a strong understanding of nonprofit
structures, organizational best practices, training mechanisms, and authentic desire to build a
successful and sustainable nonprofit network from the ground up.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• A commitment to the mission of SHE RECOVERS Foundation
• At least four years of professional work experience directly in nonprofit organization(s)
with a track record of successfully managing internal and external relationships
• Experience in developing new and innovative programs to accomplish business goals
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability
to effectively and comfortably build relationships
• Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment across multiple
programs and departments
• Demonstrated ability for handling multiple, complex strategies simultaneously in a fast-
paced environment, demonstrating strategic thinking, problem-solving, and attention to
• Highly organized, reliable, and able to balance priorities and meet deadlines
• Self-directed, self-aware, and self-disciplined
• Flexible, energetic, positive, and creative
• Fluency in written and spoken English – other language proficiencies welcomed
colleagues across all functional areas of the organization to create and roll out an innovative
chapter structure that provides volunteers in local communities a meaningful way to support a
cause they are deeply passionate about and provide essential services to fulfill the
organization’s mission. This team member will be responsible for creating the structure that will
be the foundation for the organization’s growth and sustainability.
Core Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Network in local communities throughout North America and abroad to support the
organization’s vision and growth.
• Develop and define the chapter activities to further the mission of the Foundation and
make the greatest impact in local communities
• Oversee development of the legal structure, policies, procedures, risk management, and
all necessary requirements adhering to federal, state, and international regulatory laws
governing chapters of parent organizations.
• Clearly define the criteria for establishing a chapter and work with cross-functional team
members to design the application process, and establish all review and approval
• Create a chapter assessment tool to measure impact and field support.
• Work closely with Volunteer Development to develop all required training materials,
recruitment, and retention strategies to ensure sustainability
• Develop funding and shared services strategy for the parent organization to support
the chapters in their mission activities, including budgeting to support such services
• Create materials and tools necessary for chapters to establish awareness in their local
communities (e.g., media templates, brochures, display materials, banners, etc.)
• Serve as the primary point of contact and provide mentorship to Chapter volunteers
• Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures, and develop a resolution process
for conflicts with volunteer leadership
• Create a communications plan to motivate and incentivize Chapter growth and development
At SHE RECOVERS, we welcome and celebrate diversity and are committed to upholding the values of equity and inclusion in the workplace. We actively encourage applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including backgrounds that vary by race, ethnicity, social background, religion, gender identity or expression, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, and national origin.
Applicant must reside in North America and be equipped to work remotely.
Applications reviewed on a rolling basis
Position Reports To
How to Apply
To apply, please send your cover letter, résumé, portfolio, and a list of three references (names, relationship, position, and email address) to Susan Carter, CEO/Executive Director via email @ email@example.com with the subject line “Chapter Development Lead Application”.
Only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.