Seeking a Development Director to Join the SHE RECOVERS Team!
Are you driven by a passion for social change, smashing stigma, and making a significant impact through your work?
We have an opportunity for a Development Director to join the SHE RECOVERS Team to help our lifeline organization build and sustain a successful fundraising strategy
(SRF) SHE RECOVERS® Foundation is a 501(c)(3) public charity with a growing and evolving community currently serving more than 325,000 women–and non-binary individuals who identify with women’s communities–in or seeking recovery from substance use disorders, mental health issues, and other life challenges from which they hope to heal.
The mission of the organization is to inspire hope, reduce stigma and empower women to increase their recovery capital, heal themselves, and help other women to do the same. This lifeline organization connects women through its virtual platforms and in-person community networks, provides resources and support to help women develop their own holistic recovery patchworks, and empowers them to thrive and share their successes. All efforts are designed to end the stigma and shame often associated with being in recovery so that more women can heal and grow. A focus on research enables the organization to establish a more robust evidence base related to the efficacy of non-traditional recovery pathways.
Our vision is to achieve a world where all women in or seeking recovery are celebrated, supported, and deemed essential to healthy communities. To ensure that the movement is inclusive of all women and non-binary individuals who identify with women’s communities, the Foundation focuses on prioritizing the needs of individuals from historically underserved populations including women of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, women veterans, and differently-abled women.
Reporting to the CEO, the Development Director will be responsible for developing and leading a
diversified revenue generation strategy for the organization, including individual giving,
corporate partnerships, and foundation solicitation. Help instill a culture of philanthropy in the
organization’s staff and community, ensuring alignment with SHE RECOVERS’ Intentions and
Guiding principles and seeking opportunities to showcase the impact and need to current and
prospective donors. Work in collaboration with the CEO, Board of Directors, and other
Foundation team members to create successful fundraising initiatives.
Core Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Manage relationships with existing corporate partners, ensuring identification of goals
and objectives, effective partnership execution, and annual renewals/growth.
• Build the new partnership pipeline, determine priority industries and brands ripe for
solicitation, conduct pipeline research, and qualifying opportunities.
• Develop and present proposals to secure new corporate partnerships for the
organization via mutually beneficial, purposeful and mission-driven opportunities.
• Negotiate the terms of each relationship and execute contracts outlining the agreements.
Collaborate with colleagues in marketing, mission delivery and the CEO to fulfill
• Regularly review and update the Foundation’s pitch materials and offerings/proposals,
including identification of the organization’s assets to support partnerships at all levels.
• Create and execute individual giving plans and campaigns customized to every level of
the organization’s giving pyramid.
• Manage the UNITE 2 IGNITE peer to peer fundraising program, cultivating relationships
with top fundraisers and donors.
• Ensure all prospect, partner and donor activity is properly memorialized in the
organization’s donor database of record.
• Identify creative ways to steward donors and partners for their support of SHE
• Develop plans and budgets to meet goals as identified with the CEO.
The candidate will be a self-starter, detail orientated and understand the critical importance of
building a successful and sustainable fundraising strategy. The ideal candidate will thrive on
executing creative and innovative campaigns utilizing new platforms and technology to increase
fundraising capability. Must be able to work collaboratively with cross functional team members
to execute campaigns, develop presentations and proposals, ensure delivery of partner
benefits, and measure results.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• A commitment to the mission of SHE RECOVERS Foundation
• At least 8-10 years of professional work experience in development for nonprofit
organization(s) with a track record of successfully managing internal and external
• Experience in developing new and innovative programs to accomplish business goals
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability
to effectively and comfortably build relationships
• Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment across multiple
programs and departments
• Demonstrated ability for handling multiple, complex strategies simultaneously in a fastpaced
environment, demonstrating strategic thinking, problem solving, and attention to
• Highly organized, reliable, and able to balance priorities and meet deadlines
• Self-directed, self-aware, and self-disciplined
• Flexible, energetic, positive, and creative
• Fluency in written and spoken English – other language proficiencies welcomed.
SHE RECOVERS® Foundation is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnic background, ancestry, citizenship status, religious creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, pregnancy, childbirth, military status, protected veteran status, political orientation, or other legally protected status.
Applicant must reside in North America and be equipped to work remotely.
Applications reviewed on a rolling basis
Position Reports To
How to Apply
To apply, please send your cover letter, résumé, portfolio, and a list of three references (names, relationship, position, and email address) to Susan Carter, CEO/Executive Director via email @ email@example.com with the subject line “Development Director Application”.
Only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.