Seeking a Volunteer Manager to Join the SHE RECOVERS Team!
Are you driven by a passion for social change, smashing stigma, and making a significant impact through your work?
We have an opportunity for a Volunteer Manager to join the SHE RECOVERS Team to help our lifeline organization build and maintain a dynamic corps of volunteers to execute our mission.
(SRF) SHE RECOVERS® Foundation is a 501(c)(3) public charity with a growing and evolving community currently serving more than 325,000 women–and non-binary individuals who identify with women’s communities–in or seeking recovery from substance use disorders, mental health issues, and other life challenges from which they hope to heal.
The mission of the organization is to inspire hope, reduce stigma and empower women to increase their recovery capital, heal themselves, and help other women to do the same. This lifeline organization connects women through its virtual platforms and in-person community networks, provides resources and support to help women develop their own holistic recovery patchworks, and empowers them to thrive and share their successes. All efforts are designed to end the stigma and shame often associated with being in recovery so that more women can heal and grow. A focus on research enables the organization to establish a more robust evidence base related to the efficacy of non-traditional recovery pathways.
Our vision is to achieve a world where all women in or seeking recovery are celebrated, supported, and deemed essential to healthy communities. To ensure that the movement is inclusive of all women and non-binary individuals who identify with women’s communities, the f=Foundation focuses on prioritizing the needs of individuals from historically underserved populations including women of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, women veterans, and differently-abled women.
You are driven by a passion for social change, smashing stigma, and strive to make a significant impact through your work. You care deeply about what it takes to inspire others to become passionate stewards and ambassadors of a grassroots, non-profit organization.
You are a self-starter, detail orientated, and understand the critical role volunteers play in building and activating a nonprofit grassroots organization to create systemic change. You thrive on working collaboratively with a demonstrated ability in managing people and teams successfully.
A strong communicator, you will steward volunteer relationships and introduce SRF’s work to other volunteer placement organizations and audiences to expand SRF’s reach. You bring to the role a strong understanding of volunteerism best practices, training tools, and authentic desire to motivate and inspire a corp of volunteers.
As an ideal candidate, you hold the following qualifications and experience:
- A commitment to the mission of SHE RECOVERS Foundation
- At least four years of professional work experience directly in nonprofit organization(s) with a track record of successfully managing internal and external relationships
- At least two years experience training and leading volunteers and/or organization ambassadors holding in-person and online roles
- Proven ability to resolve volunteer and member conflict compassionately within a highly confidential environment
- Experience in developing new and innovative programs to accomplish business goals and objectives
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to effectively and comfortably build relationships
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment across multiple programs and departments
- Demonstrated ability for handling multiple, complex strategies simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, demonstrating strategic thinking, problem-solving, and attention to detail
- Highly organized, reliable, and able to balance priorities and meet deadlines
- Self-directed, self-aware, and self-disciplined
- Flexible, energetic, positive, and creative
- Fluency in written and spoken English – other language proficiencies welcomed
- Proficient with computer programs such as Microsoft Office and volunteer/project management software
- Thorough understanding of social media platforms
- Experience working with recovery-focused and/or behavioral health organizations is considered an asset
Reporting to the CEO, the Volunteer Manager will work collaboratively with colleagues across all functional areas of the organization to create a state-of-the-art volunteer program that provides essential services to fulfill the organization’s mission, while developing educational opportunities and meaningful experiences for volunteers. This team member will be responsible for developing processes and procedures to effectively recruit, train, and retain volunteers in preparation for launching Chapters in local communities around the world while continuing to support volunteers who steward online spaces and events.
Core responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead the development and implementation of a robust volunteer program to staff the mission programs of the organization nationally and at the local community level
- Work collaboratively with all functional areas to identify volunteer needs, create placement descriptions, and recruit accordingly
- Create processes and procedures for volunteer placement, tracking, and monitoring
- Establish, manage, and deliver training program(s) to ensure volunteers are adequately trained to serve as ambassadors of the organization in keeping with the organization’s code of ethics, intentions and guiding principles, and chapter policies
- Develop and implement programs to retain volunteers and grow the existing volunteer base incorporating creative ways to measure volunteer satisfaction
- Manage the volunteer database and create a protocol for measuring outcomes as they support the ability to fulfill the organization’s mission
- Create and manage a budget for the volunteer functional area
- Other duties as assigned
At SHE RECOVERS, we welcome and celebrate diversity and are committed to upholding the values of equity and inclusion in the workplace. We actively encourage applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including backgrounds that vary by race, ethnicity, social background, religion, gender identity or expression, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, and national origin.
Applicant must reside in North America and be equipped to work remotely as a self-employed contractor.
Employment Type & Remuneration
Contractor ($48,000 – $54,000 annually)
Applications reviewed on a rolling basis
Position Reports To
How to Apply
To apply, please send your cover letter, résumé, portfolio, and a list of three references (names, relationship, position, and email address) to Susan Carter, CEO/Executive Director via email @ firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Volunteer Manager Application”.
Only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.