Seeking SHE RECOVERS in Chicago Event Planning Volunteers!
Are you driven by a passion for social change, smashing stigma, and making a significant impact through your work?
We envision a world where all women in or seeking recovery are celebrated, supported, and deemed essential to healthy communities.
Our mission is to redefine recovery, inspire hope, reduce stigma and empower women in or seeking recovery from life challenges including mental health issues, trauma and substance use, to increase their recovery capital, heal themselves and help other women to do the same.
Who We Are
SHE RECOVERS® Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit public charity and a global grassroots movement serving more than 325,000 women and non-binary individuals in or seeking recovery from life challenges including trauma, substance use, grief and loss, eating disorders, burnout and moral injury, love addiction and mental health issues such as anxiety and depression. We are all recovering from something—no one should have to recover alone. The organization connects women through its virtual offerings and in-person community networks, provides resources and support to help women develop their own holistic recovery patchworks, and empowers them to thrive, share their experience, and celebrate success. All efforts are designed to redefine recovery, end stigma and shame, and help more women heal.
A focus on research, recovery advocacy through storytelling, and supporting identity-based groups enables the organization to establish a more robust evidence base related to the efficacy of non-traditional recovery pathways.
Call for Volunteers! We have a unique opportunity for folks who have…
- Paid or volunteer experience in planning large-scale events or event administration
- An available 1-3 hours per week from February 1-October 2, 2023
- A desire to contribute to, and assist in the planning of, an extraordinary and life-altering event serving over 600 recovering women and non-binary individuals
- A passion for planning events that are innovative, inclusive and socially responsible
- Been intrigued by our upcoming signature event, SHE RECOVERS® in CHICAGO: Our Stories, Our Strength, happening September 28-October 1, 2023 at the Palmer House Hilton in the Chicago Loop
If this sounds like you, we would love to connect!
The SHE RECOVERS Foundation Volunteer Program and Event Planning Team is inviting volunteers with event planning experience to support and engage in the pre-planning of this unique and memorable event focused on supporting women to redefine recovery and write a new story of health, connection, and joy in recovery.
We have opportunities in the areas of administration, production, sponsorship, marketing and communications and others. The scope of work will include pre-planning meetings, time-directed tasks and coordination/connection with each volunteer area and team leads.
- Apply your skills and related experience to make a significant impact within an innovative, mission-based, and impactful event for 600 women and non-binary individuals in recovery
- Opportunity to apply for a key volunteer role at SHE RECOVERS in Chicago and receive a complimentary registration and onsite recognition/gift
- Network, collaborate, connect and create community with like-hearted individuals in recovery
- Learn new and valuable event coordination and production skills
This is a pre-event volunteer role. Volunteer opportunities onsite at the event will be made available closer to the event. To learn more about SHE RECOVERS in CHICAGO please visit sherecovers.org/chicago-event/
At SHE RECOVERS, we welcome and celebrate diversity and are committed to upholding the values of equity and inclusion in the workplace. We encourage applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including backgrounds that vary by race, ethnicity, social background, religion, gender identity or expression, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, and national origin.
Applicant must reside in North America and be equipped to contribute remotely.
This is a volunteer opportunity.
Position Reports To
Elise Padilla, Volunteers
How to Apply
To apply, please send your interest and experience to Casey Joy Carroll, Volunteers via email to email@example.com with the subject line “Yes! I want to volunteer for SHE RECOVERS in Chicago”.