Women and non-binary individuals who identify with women’s communities, who are in or seeking recovery from a myriad of life experiences, are warmly welcomed at all SHE RECOVERS retreats, events, and offerings.
Is a She Recovers Farm Retreat right for me?
If you answer “yes” to the following questions, then these retreats are perfect for you:
- Could you use a time out to reconnect, re-fill, and rekindle your own sense of inner peace?
- Are you searching to step into a fuller, more connected, brighter version of yourself?
- Are you a strong and courageous woman in recovery (we are all recovering from something) looking to deepen your connection with nature?
- Are you looking to relieve stress, access your heart, refine your listening and care deeply for yourself?
Stowel Lake Farm is an organic farm and retreat center on beautiful Salt Spring Island, just half an hour by ferry from Victoria, British Columbia.
Outside of twice-daily trauma-informed yoga and coach-led sharing circles, you are invited to spend healing time reading, journaling, resting, or enjoying the large perennial gardens and water features, perfect for reflection and inspiration. If you want to be a bit more active, take a guided farm tour, or head off farm to hike in nature or swim in a nearby lake; explore the nearby market and many quaint shops and cafes that call this island wonderland home.
- 4 nights’ accommodation
- 3 healthy gourmet meals per day (vegetarian, gluten-free and other dietary requests possible)
- Hatha yoga sessions at sunrise and sunset with the amazing Taryn Strong (no yoga experience necessary)
- Tea, coffee and cold non-alcoholic beverages
- Evening sharing circles
- Moonlight celebration
- Partial gratuities (guests take up a small collection on last night of retreat to supplement gratuity paid by SHE RECOVERS)
What’s Not included?
- Airfare, ferry or other transportation costs to Stowel Lake Farm on Salt Spring Island
- Travel insurance, including travel health insurance
- Full Gratuities (guests take up a small collection on last night of retreat to supplement gratuity paid by SHE RECOVERS)
Women recovering in ALL areas of their lives will benefit from this immersive experience of radical self-care. Out of respect for women recovering from alcohol and drug addiction, alcohol and drugs are not permitted at this retreat.
Clicking on one of the retreats below will take you to the retreat detail page where can view room availability (Private, Shared Deluxe, Shared Regular, or Tenting) and pay your registration.
Our current offering of She Recovers on the Farm Retreats
Retreat With Our Founders
Dawn Nickel, PhD, SRCD
Taryn Strong, RYT, SRCD