Our SHE RECOVERS® movement is growing.
We need more healers and teachers to help us reach more women. We are looking for passionate and inspired yoga teachers to share their knowledge and experience with our growing community.
SHE RECOVERS® Yoga | Trauma Informed Yoga | Teacher Designation Program | TAUGHT BY TARYN STRONG
Registration for FALL 2021 Program coming soon!
The Covid 19 Pandemic prompted us to cancel our in person SHE RECOVERS® Yoga Teacher Designation Program for 2020 and 2021. We hope to offer it in person again in 2022, but because we recognize how important it is that this work of trauma informed yoga be shared – we will continue to offer the training online as well.
You will gain the tools and knowledge to confidently hold space for transformation, teach trauma-informed yoga, and use empowering and inviting language and cues paramount when teaching women in recovery. We will also explore neuroscience, trauma theory, intergenerational trauma, the similarities between yoga & ayurvedic philosophy and certain recovery modalities, chakra healing, meditation, movements and breathwork, finding your voice, class structure, and so much more; all this informed by our SHE RECOVERS Intentions & Guiding Principles (covering the many different pathways and patchworks of recovery).
We are so excited to share this training with all of you – trauma informed practices are needed more than ever. And we need you to join us as we share this beautiful modality with the recovery world.
More Info & Prerequisites
- Online via zoom
- You must be present for all classroom hours and activities during designation weekend
- 5 hour practicum required after training to complete certification. Must complete within 1 year of online training.
- Pre-requisite: completion of minimum 200 hr YTT certification
Cost of Program
Due to the nature of this group mentorship, we encourage you to be 100% certain that you are ready to commit when you register, as we hold a strict non-refundable policy.
As part of our Foundation’s commitment to healing racism in recovery, we are making scholarship opportunities available for Black, Indigenous, and Women of Color for our January 2021 training.
As a SHE RECOVERS® Yoga Teacher in Training, you will:
- Be invited to join the (free) SHE RECOVERS® Yoga Teacher Collective & Support Group (Private Facebook Group and Monthly Zoom Calls)
As a Graduated SHE RECOVERS® Yoga Teacher Designate, you will:
- Remain a member of the (free)SHE RECOVERS® Yoga Teacher Collective & Support Group as you put your training into practice.
- Be listed on the SHE RECOVERS® Foundation Yoga Teacher Directory.
- Have the choice of posting your SHE RECOVERS® Yoga Teacher Badge on your website (refer to the SHE RECOVERS® Foundation Branding Rules and Guidelines for Yoga Teachers)
- Be invited to participate as a SHE RECOVERS® Volunteer Facilitator for SHE RECOVERS® Together or SHE RECOVERS® Support Group Online Zoom Gatherings.
- Be invited to participate as a SHE RECOVERS® Volunteer Facilitator for a SHE RECOVERS® Yoga Class online or in your local community (potentially in collaboration with other local SR Yoga Teachers and Coaches).
- Receive access to SHE RECOVERS® Foundation branded and co-branded marketing materials conveying the unique value of being a SHE RECOVERS® Yoga Teacher (to be used as directed in the SHE RECOVERS® Foundation Branding Rules and Guidelines for Yoga Teachers)
In addition, as a Graduated SHE RECOVERS® Yoga Teacher Designate, you may:
- Based on the needs of the SHE RECOVERS® Foundation and your relevant experience and expertise, be invited to participate in or contribute to various SHE RECOVERS®platforms (examples, SR Blog or other social media posts, live Facebook events, and various other educational events online) where your expertise can be highlighted.
- Have the opportunity to participate in additional SHE RECOVERS® trainings and earn certifications to lead various SHE RECOVERS® offerings (online and in person).
As much as anything – we are offering our yoga teachers access to our community, and more importantly the opportunity to play an integral role in this monumental grassroots movement where all women in or seeking recovery are celebrated, supported, and deemed essential to healthy communities
“The SHE RECOVERS Yoga Teacher Training exceeded any and all expectations! The depth of knowledge and experience that Taryn has in this realm is truly exceptional. Her gifts of not only being an excellent teacher, but of embodying the essence of what it means to hold space and “walk the talk” of not only yoga but also the @she_recovers movement – is truly magical. I am so inspired by this experience and cannot wait to share with the world”
~ Leah, Graduate 2019 ~
Hi! I’m Taryn.
I am a founder of the SHE RECOVERS® Foundation (with my mama, Dawn Nickel.) I am in recovery from substance use disorder, trauma, disordered eating, self- harm, codependency and all of the things that manifested as those things; shame, low self- worth, low self- esteem and being afraid of using my voice.
Today, I know, for a fact, that everything I have been through – every heartbreak, addiction, trauma, insecurity – was to bring me to exactly where I am in this moment. I love recovery.
I am a Trauma Informed Yoga instructor, SHE RECOVERS® Coach, aromatherapist, dōTERRA Wellness Advocate, silversmith and am currently studying herbalism. Since I began teaching yoga in 2007, I have led over 40 yoga for recovery retreats (including a retreat at Kripalu), presented at several Yoga conferences, and have co-taught alongside Elena Brower. You can find my online SHE RECOVERS® Yoga classes HERE. Most recently, I created and taught the inaugural trauma informed SHE RECOVERS® Yoga Teacher Training Program and began hosting the SHE RECOVERS® Podcast.