Listen to the page now
We warmly welcome women and non-binary individuals who identify with women’s communities – who are in or seeking recovery – into this space. We also welcome all races, sexual orientations, and all those differences of life situations, backgrounds, and abilities.
The SHE RECOVERS® Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit public charity. Our mission is to redefine recovery, inspire hope, end stigma and shame, and empower women in or seeking recovery to increase their recovery capital, heal themselves and help other women to do the same. SHE RECOVERS Groups and spaces are professionally facilitated and peer-driven. All offerings are trauma-informed.
By participating in this space, you agree to receive notifications (visible to this group only) about SHE RECOVERS Foundation (SRF) offerings, adhere to these Group Guidelines & Agreements, and to co-create a welcoming and supportive environment built on mutual respect for all participants, volunteers, and team members of SRF.
The SHE RECOVERS Together and SHE RECOVERS Identity-Based Support Groups are designed to be supportive, recovery-focused communities. SRF platforms and resources are not a replacement for trauma therapy, addiction treatment, psychiatric, or medical care. Please report violations of our group rules to the group admins.
Although we are a private, members-only group, because you are required to use your personal FB account while interacting with this group, whatever is listed as public on your main profile may be viewable to other group members. Use of FB is done at your own risk. SRF is not responsible for the actions or policies of FB or any of its users.
IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING CRISIS OR DISTRESS
You agree to reach out to a higher level of care such as a crisis support line, identity-based support line, or a SHE RECOVERS Trusted Resource. In the event of an emergency please dial 911.
IF YOU’RE NEW TO SHE RECOVERS
Welcome! We invite you to check out our Intentions & Guiding Principles to see if what we believe in feels like a fit for you.
WE ARE ALL RECOVERING FROM SOMETHING
We are here to support and connect with one another – regardless of what we are recovering from. We may be in recovery from one or more of the following:
- Substance misuse and substance use disorders (including alcohol use disorder and opioid use disorder)
- Trauma (including PTSD, brain injury, gender-based, racial, childhood, and intergenerational trauma)
- Codependency and co-addiction
- Anxiety, depression, and other mental health issues
- Eating disorders (including anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder, avoidant restrictive food intake disorder, orthorexia and other specified or unspecified feeding or eating disorders), disordered eating, and other food-related issues
- Compulsive exercising (sometimes called “anorexia athletica”)
- Body dysmorphia and other body-related issues
- Grief and loss (including divorce or job loss)
- Burnout from overworking or caring for family members
- Love or sex addiction
- Gaming, gambling or shopping addiction
- Sexual, emotional, or physical abuse
- Chronic pain, auto-immune disorders, cancer or other illness
- Any other life issue from which we hope to heal
SHE RECOVERS TOGETHER FACEBOOK GROUP GUIDELINES & AGREEMENTS:
SHE RECOVERS supports all pathways and patchworks of recovery and criticizes none (unless they involve or promote a violation of local, state, or federal law). There is no one way to recover. We believe women must be supported to find and follow individualized pathways and patchworks of recovery.
In an effort to co-create a welcoming and supportive environment we ask all participants of the SHE RECOVERS Together Facebook Group to adhere to the following:
HONOUR PRIVACY & CONFIDENTIALITY
What happens in our group stays in our group. The identities and all information and experiences shared by others must remain strictly confidential. Unless requested by an admin for corrective action, please refrain from taking screenshots of comments, posts, or members in the group. You are welcome to share your own personal experience of SHE RECOVERS with other individuals you deem as supportive, but please do not discuss member identities/information outside of this group.
BE KIND, COURTEOUS & INCLUSIVE
In the SHE RECOVERS Together Facebook Group, we are all responsible for co-creating a welcoming and supportive environment built on mutual respect for all participants, volunteers and administrators. We embrace diversity and welcome all races, sexual orientations, and all those differences of life situations, backgrounds, values and abilities. You do not need to agree with everything that is shared, you DO need to be courteous and kind. Posts containing criticism, judgment, or unsolicited advice will be removed. Hate speech, racism, homophobia, transphobia, anti-fat bias, verbal abuse, derogatory remarks, bullying, harassment, name-calling, or insulting comments made towards anyone including but not limited to SHE RECOVERS participants, volunteers, staff, contractors, or partners will not be tolerated, and members will be removed.
FOCUS ON RECOVERY
You are encouraged to consider the nature of your share, comment, or post and strive to keep all rooted in recovery. “Who is a hockey fan?” is not a recovery focused statement but “watching hockey in my family has been a tradition for years. It is one of the ways we seem to genuinely have fun and connect with each other. Can anyone relate?” is. Add context to memes. Use this space to gain connection, support and empowerment, not to “vent” or “dump”. Meeting links that include men (including trans-men or non-binary individuals who identify with men’s communities) or posted without descriptions will be removed. Refrain from posting if you are under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or other substances causing impairment.
Posts that appear to be made under the influence will be removed and post-approval will be turned on.
ASSUME POSITIVE INTENT; KNOW THAT CONFLICT SOMETIMES HAPPENS
We recognize that our words and actions may not always have the impact we intended. Conflict is a natural aspect of group endeavors so we ask that all participants:
- Assume others have the best intention in their communications – think the best vs the worst of others
- Practice curiosity and check out your interpretations of others’ communications
- Consider stating your intention in your communications to reduce the chance of misinterpretation
- Adopt a spirit of “rupture and repair” and “ouch and oops” when navigating potential conflicts and disagreements
- Work through conflicts in private, not in the group space. Consider working with a SHE RECOVERS Coach if you would like support in working through an interpersonal challenge
TEND TO YOUR ENERGY
You are welcome to engage within this group in a way that feels comfortable and nourishing to you. We ask that the conversation be rooted in the themes of recovery and women’s wellness. You may not agree with everything that is shared in the group. We encourage you to choose curiosity over criticism, practice personal agency and take a “sacred pause” away from the computer if you feel activated by a post or comment. You are your own authority and we encourage you to tend to your own energy. You are not required to read, watch, listen to, or engage with anything that makes you feel uncomfortable.
AVOID PROHIBITED, ACTIVATING OR EXPLICIT POSTS
FB prohibits the naming of potentially addictive pharmaceutical medication, recreational and illicit drugs if posts or comments appear to be encouraging, promoting or providing advice surrounding the use or consumption of these substances. Please practice diligence and discretion when discussing these topics – our social spaces are at risk of being permanently removed if we don’t.
Posts and comments that are harmful in nature such as: glorifying and promotion of substance use and/or addictive behaviors, promotion of disordered eating practices (including orthorexia and compulsive exercising), condoning criminal behavior, violent intent, visually graphic, and/or explicit posts will be removed at the discretion of our admins.
Please consider others’ experiences and practice discretion in sharing potentially activating topics. Feeling connected and supported doesn’t require sharing all the details. We ask that you refrain from sharing any explicit details surrounding activating topics such as:
- Violence and assault (sexual or physical)
- Suicide and suicidal ideation
- The use of addictive substances to cope with life stressors
- We also ask that you refrain from promoting weight loss, cleansing, fasting, and/or other restrictive behaviors such as eliminating certain types of foods, only eating foods that are regarded as “clean,” “healthy,” or “natural”, and/or applying moral judgment to food such as labeling food as “good” or “bad”
We welcome you to also:
- Consider using inclusive language whenever possible and avoid using stigmatizing words such as “crazy” or “insane” when describing intense/overwhelming/exceptional situations, feelings, and experiences. We have some great examples of inclusive language here.
- Consider adding ***AW*** (for Activation Warning) at the start of your post and adding blank space before continuing with your post if you are posting (without explicit details) themes that may still be activating in nature, so readers can choose whether to read further.
Feeling overwhelmed? Here are some examples to help guide you.
- “Grateful for hangover-free mornings – makes getting up for runs a whole lot easier! Just signed up for my first 5K! Wish me luck,” “Since ditching toxic diet culture, I have fallen back in love with grocery shopping for all kinds of foods that nourish my body and soul…including cookies.”
- “Celebrating 6 months-free of self-injurious behavior. That CBT skills course really worked!”
- “Asking for your support in navigating an abusive relationship. What has helped y’all deal with the trauma of verbal and physical intimidation?”
- “THIS IS A CALL FOR HEALING ENERGY: I just lost my best friend to an overdose, not sure how to deal with this grief.”
Our intention with these guidelines & agreements is not to silence you, but to create a space that is welcoming and supportive for a large and diverse group of individuals on their own healing journeys. We strongly encourage you to seek out therapeutic support (or a higher level of care such as a SHE RECOVERS Trusted Resource) if you feel called to share the unfiltered details of the trauma that you have experienced. Everyone deserves the opportunity to recover and heal.
STEER CLEAR OF FUNDRAISING, CROWDFUNDING, OR MONETARY REQUESTS
Requests for donations, money, or fundraisers that are not an SRF initiative are not permitted. We empathize that recovering individuals can face financial hardship. SHE RECOVERS provides accessible opportunities for connection and healing as a response to these needs. If you wish to raise funds for SHE RECOVERS please consider creating a FB Fundraiser, shop via AmazonSmile, make a donation, or contact us about our Friends of SHE RECOVERS program.
REFRAIN FROM GIVING MEDICAL ADVICE
Please share only from a place of personal experience and support. Diagnosing, making medication and/or supplement recommendations, and giving medical advice should be done only by a physician or qualified health professional during a private consultation.
Please obtain consent prior to sending DMs, friend requests to other members and/or posting to others’ timelines. (i.e. within a SRT Gathering, via the SHE RECOVERS Global contacts doc, offline, group comment i.e. “send me a DM.”). SHE RECOVERS Together Group Admins and /or SHE RECOVERS Coaches who facilitate the SHE RECOVERS Together Online Gatherings, may reach out to check on member wellness.
POLITICS & RECOVERY
A simple definition of politics is “the set of activities that are associated with making decisions in groups, or other forms of power relations between individuals, such as the distribution of resources or status”*. The power dynamics, decisions, and sets of activities related to politics are the reason many women have sought healing and recovery for themselves. Some members of the SHE RECOVERS community are recovering from racial injustice, discrimination, oppression, institutional abuse, or being under the power of individuals and institutions who didn’t protect their rights as a woman or a human.
*We can still discuss the impact politics has on our recovery without endorsing or opposing a specific political party.
LEAVE OUT SELF-PROMOTION, ADVERTISEMENTS & SPAM
We love that you may have offerings or requests, however we do not want this space to become a marketplace. This is a no ‘self-promotion, hashtag, advertisement, spam’ zone.
The following will be removed if posted:
- The use of promotional hashtags i.e. #beachbody #liveclean
- Sales funnels (requiring individuals to sign up or subscribe)
- Posting or re-sharing from your FB business page, website, and associated social platforms
- Posting with the intention to advertise, promote, or sell a product or service
- Contacting a group member privately with the intention to promote an offering, service, or resource unless specifically requested by that group member
- Contractors, associates, or team members hired to post on your behalf
The ONLY exception is within a comment in response to a community member asking for what you may specifically have to offer. This is considered obtaining consent to comment (no DMs) with a FREE one-click-to-access (requiring no exchange of personal information) resource ONLY i.e. a direct link to a relevant website, podcast or blog.
Please always consider your intention. If your resource is not relevant to what is being asked for it will be removed and you may be banned.
SHE RECOVERS CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL PROMOTIONS
SHE RECOVERS Coaches and SHE RECOVERS Trauma-Informed Yoga Teachers are permitted to self-promote within 24 hrs before and after facilitating a SHE RECOVERS Together Online Gathering and within the #SHERECOVERSResources feed. Detailed promotional guidelines are provided to all SHE RECOVERS Certified Professionals. SRF Admins and team members are permitted to promote SHE RECOVERS offerings at any time.
BE ACCESSIBLE TO GROUP ADMINS & MODERATORS
Please don’t block us! Our volunteers need to be able to see what people are posting at all times. Thank you!
ENSURE YOU HAVE AN INDIVIDUAL, IDENTIFIABLE FB ACCOUNT
If your FB account is less than 3 months old, we will need to confirm your identity. Please contact an admin if your FB account is new or needs to remain anonymous for confidentiality or work-related purposes. Sorry, no FB pages or joint accounts are permitted.
OBTAIN PERMISSION FOR FB LIVES OR VIDEO
All live videos must be initiated from within the group and require approval. Please contact an Admin with your intention and wait for a response prior to starting or sharing a FB live.
Only SRF team members and volunteers are permitted to create FB events within this group. Community members are not permitted to create events but may share information about a free event that they are not hosting (adhering to public health orders) within the discussion feed.
ASK YOUR QUESTIONS RELATED TO YOUR RECOVERY IN THE GROUP VS SENDING ADMINS DMS
We truly are stronger together. Your questions and experiences may be what another member is also experiencing or questioning. Utilizing this community helps everyone and gives our admins more time to engage with the whole. If you desire one-on-one support we strongly suggest working with a SHE RECOVERS Coach. You may find our directory of coaches from all over the world here: https://sherecovers.org/coach-directory/
UTILIZE THE GROUP TOPIC TAGS
We’ve created a helpful topic tag system to help you get the most out of this group and to easily search for what YOU are looking for. To help yourself and the group out, you may search #tag topics such as:
- Areas of Recovery (i.e. Codependency, Substance Use Disorder, Grief & Loss, Disordered Eating, Anxiety, Depression, Chronic Pain)
Take a look through the list and (if you like) add your own when you post by using #yourtopic.