SHE RECOVERS® Together Online Zoom Gatherings are informed by the SHE RECOVERS Intentions & Guiding Principles. They are hour-long, topic-focused, trauma-informed, and voluntarily facilitated by Professional SHE RECOVERS Coaches who meet you right where you are. A free authenticated zoom account is required to attend.
The SHE RECOVERS® Together Online Gatherings are designed to be a supportive resource but are not a replacement for trauma therapy, addiction treatment, psychiatric, or medical care.
We welcome women (cisgender or trans women) and non-binary individuals recovering in all areas of life. All pathways and patchworks of recovery are supported. Due to the confidential nature of these gatherings – they will not be recorded.
About the Foundation
The SHE RECOVERS Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit public charity. We connect, support and empower women through our virtual platforms and in-person community networks. If you are finding these gatherings supportive of your recovery, please consider making a donation.
We are all recovering from something.
We may be in recovery from one or more of the following:
- Substance use disorders (including alcohol use disorder and opioid use disorder)
- Trauma (including intergenerational trauma, racial trauma, religious trauma)
- Anxiety, depression and other mental health issues
- Eating disorders and other food related issues
- Grief and loss (including divorce or job loss)
- Burnout or moral injury
- Love or sex addiction
- Shopping addiction
- Sexual, emotional or physical abuse
- Cancer or other illness
- Any other life issue from which we hope to heal
In an effort to co-create a welcoming and supportive environment we ask all gathering participants to adhere to the following:
Respect each other’s privacy by:
- Finding a private space to join in from
- Not discussing other women’s presence outside of the gathering
- Refraining from taking any pictures or screenshots
Limit your share to 3 minutes
Tend to your energy
When sharing, please identify yourself by:
- Stating your first name or preferred nickname
- Share your pronouns ( she/her or they/them – if you wish)
- Tell us where you are in the world
- If you’d like, tell us what you are in recovery from, i.e Hi, my name is Vasalisa and I am from Saturna Island, BC. My pronouns are she/her and I am recovering from codependency, workaholism, and trauma.
Turn off your video
If you are eating, preparing food, or smoking/vaping
Refrain from sharing if
- you have been drinking alcohol or used any mood altering substances
- Are driving or operating a vehicle
Take space / make space
About the Zoom Platform
- There are two view modes in Zoom – Speaker and Gallery View
- The “View mode” button is in the top right of the window
- Speaker View only shows you who is actively speaking
- Gallery View shows a display where all users are visible at once. You can still see who is sharing because they are surrounded by a yellow box.
- The button to open the Participants list is at the bottom of the window
- Shows all who are in the gathering
- Displays the host and co-hosts
Joining for the first time
We find this video from Marcia Chadly so helpful for first time participants. This video walks you through:
- Understanding Zoom access information
- Downloading the free Zoom app
- Using the access information to join
- How to turn your video off and on