Latinas and Mental Health: Busting Barriers and Embracing Recovery
With Pamela & Myriam
Monday, October 11 @ 11:00 am PST
Latinas and Mental Health: Busting Barriers and Embracing Recovery With Pamela & Myriam
- The contrast – and often the clashing – of internal and external cultural values from family to the modern world
- The common threads amongst Latinas and the diversity that also exists within
- What happens when Latinas develop (or start to display) mental health issues
- The challenges both have faced in their personal narratives: facing the stigma in their culture, and the need for greater resources on a systemic front
- How we can all help the Latina community to embrace recovery
Join us LIVE for a Q & A session following the presentation.
About Pamela Rueda Devenport
Pamela is a Certified Life Coach, Recovery Coach, and SHE RECOVERS Coach. For decades, she used alcohol as a way to self-medicate. Eventually, she quit through the 12-Steps, but after 5 years of lackluster sobriety, she fell into a long, painful, 2-year relapse. Getting sober again, Pamela knew “just sobriety” wouldn’t be enough, so she embarked on a journey to find the radical honesty and integrity she’d been missing. The result? Pamela founded My Badass Recovery in 2017 – a no b.s. online platform that looks at recovery in a new way. Through online courses and coaching, she teaches people how to start a powerful sobriety, and (truly) love the “new version” of themselves:
About Myriam Hernández-Lucena
Connect With Myriam
We believe that when women heal, families heal, and communities do too.
The SHE RECOVERS Foundation Weekly #MentalHealthMonday Educational Series is composed of hour-long, live, recovery-focused educational sessions featuring today’s leaders in women’s wellness, mental health, and addiction recovery.
With Great Thanks
This series is made possible by Alkermes.
The SHE RECOVERS Foundation was awarded funding in 2021 as part of the Alkermes Inspiration Grants® program to re-launch #MentalHealthMonday in the fall of 2021. This critical grant support will help us to continue delivering our innovative #MentalHealthMonday Educational series and better meet the increasingly diverse needs of our growing community. We are humbled, grateful, and invigorated by this honor.